Posted on: 19 July 2016
If you have taken the time to create a backyard that is a comfortable and beautiful place for you and your family to enjoy, you can light it up so you can enjoy it at night. Below are some tips on how you can get started doing this.
There are four main types of landscape lighting that you will find including:
- Floodlights: Used to light up a favorite area of your backyard, such as a flower garden or a beautiful fountain. Also works well to illuminate large objects such as a tree.
- Well lights: Used to light up flowerbeds and the base of a tree.
- Path lights: Used to illuminate a path or a walkway or any areas that are hard to see at night.
- Post cap lights: Place on deck posts for decoration and added safety.
- Downlighting: Install high up and pointed downward to highlight a large area of your yard.
Fire pits can be used no matter what the time of year. You can install a simple wood burning pit that works great for entertaining. You can also spend more money and use a gas fire pit made of a stone design. Place chairs or a bench near the fire pit. Take some chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers outside to make a delicious treat.
There are also portable fire pits that you can move around anywhere. They generally come with a large ceramic or metal bowl that stands on feet with a mesh lid. A fire pit table is another option. You can also use this as a patio table. There is space around the pit so you can set food, cups, plates, etc., on it.
Lanterns and Candles
Lanterns come in a variety of shapes and sizes and can be used to illuminate a porch, pool, deck, or a patio. Use post lanterns along walkways for added safety. Lanterns provide a soft glow to what they are illuminating. Place large candles on a table. There are LED flameless candles that work great if you want ambiance of traditional candles without the fire hazard.
To find more info, talk to a lighting specialist about your outdoor lighting needs. They can help you choose the right type of lights, such as low voltage, high voltage, or LED. They can also help with proper placement and installation to ensure safety and that everything will look beautiful.Share